Monday, June 27, 2011

The Secret to Delicious Monkey Brains!! aka Monkey Bread!


If your'e looking for a super delicious, mouth watering, cinnamon sticky treat, that is almost as fun to bake as it is to eat, monkey bread is exactly what you want! Like most things in life, their are many variations to this recipe, but cinnamon is the traditional and in my opinion the only real way to make Monkey Bread.

Monkey Bread has been a family favorite for nearly ten plus years. Unfortunately, I can't recall where we had originally gotten the recipe or who had introduced it to our family, all I can recall is once our family tasted it, it had become esentially a part of our family...as strange as that may sound.

My earliest memory of having Monkey Bread was when I was in fifth grade, and for some reason I had made it and brought it to school and no one had ever seen anything like this before, so of course they were all skeptical, as they had asked what it was called. Someone had mistaken my words and had thought I said "Monkey Brains," which I can understand where they are coming from by looking at it..but once my class had tasted it, UGHHH they were hooked just like we were.

From that day on, Monkey Bread has always been my favorite dessert to not only bake for others but to enjoy myself. To this day, I have not yet met one person who doesn't enjoy this cinnamony and sugary sticky treat.

It is extremely easy to make with very few ingredients, most of which if not all can be found in your pantrys already. Sooo...without further anticipation, heres the recipe. I hope you all try making it at least once in your lifetime and enjoy it as much as I do!!

ENJOY my friends, enjoy!!! =)



MONKEY BREAD:

Ingredients:
4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch bundt pan.
2. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Cut the biscuits into quarters and toss them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture until evenly coated.
3. Toss the pieces in the bottom of the bundt pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan.
4. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and brown sugar. Pour this mixture over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn it upside down onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment