Monday, June 6, 2011

"A Hamburger Today" Blog Review

WOW! Before even reading anything about the blog, the pictures alone had caught my attention, as I had found myself drooling over the very realistic pictures..It was like the burgers were all sitting right there in front of me, waiting for me to grab them and take a bite..if only I was so lucky! I mean, really, take a look at this :
Who would not want a bite outta this badboy!!! Anyway, moving past my burger obsession and how badly I want one at the moment, I had taken the time to review a very appetizing blog, entitle A Hamburger Today

The blog was very nicely organized, as different people post reviews about some of their favorite burgers and the stories that go along with the deliciousness! From what I had gathered, the purpose of this blog is to share your favorite kind of burger, the recipe, the story associated with it, and of course a very DELICIOUS looking picture of the sucker! I enjoyed reading and exploring this blog, because it not only offers extremely appetizing visuals, personal stories, recipes, it also provides you with direct information as where you can get the opportunity to enjoy these delicious pieces of heaven; the writes provide the viewers with the restaurant, the address, the website, phone number, and exactly how much $green$ were talkin on spendin on one of these...all being extremely reasonable.

Since the writers of the blog are all different people, it makes the blog very relatable..each of us sharing our stories about one of our all time favorite burgers and the experiences that went along with it. The language of the blog was understandable, as it felt like conversation, which I had really enjoyed.

In an attempt at trying to connect this blog to Pierre Bourdieu's theory, I had found this to be extremely difficult, as I could not construct any connection. The only thing I could come up with from this blog in relation to Pierre's theory is that taste differs between culture and class. For instance,the more outgoing and adventureous your culture is, the more willing you will be to taste a burger like this:

However, coming from a different culture or social class, this "hot-n-tasty" bbq burger might not be the one for you. Coming from a "higher" social class, or "more respected" culture, your buger might look like this, which to me hardly resembles a burger at all.




Anyway you grill it, in my eyes a burgers still a burger. And going completely against Pierre's theory, one day I would like the joy of experiencing something like this!!! = )



No comments:

Post a Comment